Picture this: your training went well, race day weather is perfect, everything is going according to plan and you are finally going to nab that BQ (or whatever your goal is). But then:
- There’s a train blocking the race course; or
- It turns out the course was mis-measured and was only 26.0 miles instead of 26.2; or
- Oops, looks like the pace group leader led you off course by a mile.
These are just three real things that have happened to marathoners that have cost them BQs or to otherwise miss their goals. Talking about these incidents got us wondering:
- What’s the worst #racefail you’ve encountered?
- How would you handle it if something like this happened to you?
- Is it fair that the BAA won’t allow runners who were subjected to these incidents, but would likely otherwise qualify, enter the Boston Marathon?