On to Round III of our March Madness Greatest Marathon Tournament where YOU get to decide which U.S. marathon (that isn’t a NYC, Boston, Chicago or the other gigantic marathons) is tops! We started with 64 awesome marathons with between 800 and 8,000 participants and we’re now down to our Sweet 16!
In Round II, we had a few surprising results (Click here for the updated bracket). Kiawah Island Golf Resorts Marathon edged out sentimental favorite 26.2 with Donna. KIGR has some steep competition to become the little marathon that could from Erie Marathon at Presque Isle in the East and Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon in the West. Our closest victory went to Wineglass Marathon which narrowly edged out Virginia Beach’s Shamrock Marathon. Our biggest trouncing was Columbus over Cincinnati’s Flying Pig, with Columbus snagging over 80% of the vote! What surprises are for in store as we head to the Elite 8?
Click here for the updated bracket.
What will happen in Round II? YOU decide! Voting closes at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow, April 2.
1. Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon (16) vs Eugene Marathon (14):
2. Big Sur International Marathon (5) vs Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon (10):
1. Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon (15) vs St. Jude Country Music Marathon (3):
2.Louisiana Marathon (11) vs Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon (8):
2. Steamtown Marathon (6) vs Wineglass Marathon (8):
2. Akron Marathon (12) vs Air Force Marathon (7):