It’s peak spring racing time, and we’re gearing up for three months of racing tips, #extrasalt features, and, of course, Boston!
Two weeks from today, runners from around the world will toe the line in what might be the most talked about running race in America – the Boston Marathon. We’ll be there watching with you, and we’ll spend the week before Boston getting you ready to run with race tips, a competitor preview, and more. Join us on Twitter @SaltyRunning as we tweet live race updates and commentary throughout the Boston Marathon.
Speaking of Twitter, last week we launched a new Salty Running March Madness format with polls created from reader-nominated brackets! Thank you to everyone who voted. We’re proud to announce the winners:
- On Monday, you chose the Columbus Marathon as the best race, citing the great, PR-worthy course that the Columbus Marathon is known for.
- Tuesday, you selected Sports 4 Ottawa as best local running store in a come-from-behind win! They have a strong and loyal following and, as evidenced from the votes, a reputation for serving the local running community that is much deserved.
- Wednesday, Rabbit apparel won the best women’s running apparel bracket in another close contest! Voters love woman-led Rabbit’s attention to form and function.
- On Thursday, you selected Honey Stinger as the best running fuel! Honey Stinger is known for its innovative variety of fueling options (including gluten-free), and that reputation carried them to a win.
- Finally, Friday was our March Madness grand finale and giveaway! Brooks Running handily won the run-off for best shoe brand. Voters swear by Brooks’ shoes, citing PRs and recovery from injury for their Brooks shoe love. Tweeting up a storm to win a gift pack from Perfect Bar and Salty Running, the contest winner is JaDee: “I vote @brooksrunning 🏃🏻♀️ I recently switched to Brooks and it truly was love at first run! Time to stock up on Glycerin 15s😜.” She’ll receive a Salty Running Tank, Salty swag, and free Perfect Bars. Congratulations to all of our bracket finalists and winners.
Salties had a great spring racing weekend – Chicory finished second at the Carmel Marathon, Angelica had a huge 5k PR, and Barberry ran a strong half. Did you race this weekend too? How did it go?
This week we’ll be bringing you throwback posts that were posted on that day in years past. We hope you’ll enjoy them!
What would you like to see from Salty Running this month? Are you racing? Tell us about it below!