It’s definitely soup season, and chili is a Salty Running favorite! Here is another chili recipe from Turmeric, a delicious sounding version that includes pasta and ground turkey!
Having a six-month-old, time is a bit limited these days! I’ve made President Obama’s favorite Chili recipe runner-friendly, and added bell pepper, carbs, and delicious healthy fats. I love a good chili, and making one with the super-spice turmeric was an added bonus!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t ground oregano
- 1/2 t ground turmeric
- 1/2 t ground basil
- 1 T chili powder
- 3 T red-wine vinegar
- One 28-ounce can peeled tomatoes
- 1 29-ounce can of dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 1 red bell pepper
- Cheddar cheese to top
- Avocado (diced)
- Noodles or Jasmine rice
- Heat olive oil in pan
- Add onions, green and red pepper. Saute until crisp-tender.
- Add turkey and brown until no longer pink
- Add all spices and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly to ensure the spices do not burn.
- Add all of it to a slow cooker OR keep on stove for 30 minutes
- Add all beans, tomatoes, red wine vinegar
- If using a slow cooker, cook for about an hour or longer on medium-high heat
Top with whatever you choose (I recommend cheese and avocado). Enjoy!