Looking for advice for your current running situation? Every Salty Blogger comes from a different walk of life and brings with her advice for lots of different situations! Whether you’re a seasoned ultrarunner, a mom-to-be or even brand new to running we’re here for you!
And don’t forget, you can always follow along with our training logs to see what kind of mileage we’re up to!
Great Reads for Beginners
- Salty’s Beginner’s Program
- Mind over Matter: A Beginner’s Inner Monologue by Basil
- Training Basics: What is Easy?
- Getting Faster is Simple but It’s Not Easy.
Running and Pregnancy
- 5 Things Every Runner Needs to Know Before Getting Pregnant
- Stuck – When an unexpected pregnancy hinders your running goals
- On Your Mark, Get Set, Gain! Pregnancy Weight Gain in Runners
- Racing While Pregnant – A 3 time mommy-to-be offers advice
- The First Trimester Yuck – Salty on Nausea at 6 weeks
- Live from Salty’s Bed at 7.5 Weeks
- One Fast-Looking Pregnant Lady – a 5k at 10.5 weeks
Running and Infertility
Preventing and Coping with Injury
- Approach Your Limit. Don’t Jump the Shark
- Real Rock Bottom and Acceptance
- M.E.A.T. is Good For You! – Ginger examines the alternative to R.I.C.E.
- Running Without Health Insurance – In which Cinnamon grumbles a lot
- A Friendly Guide to the Running Butt – Salty examines your assets
- Overcoming Injury and the ‘I’m Back’ Run – Ginger’s back, baby!
- I Did a Marathon Once: Ginger didn’t run the whole way, so did she “run” her marathon?
- The Awesome Club: In Defense of the 6 Hour Marathoner
- Mint’s Training Strategy Switch-Up: Tune-Up Races
- Taper Time! Mint’s 3-week strategy
- The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: Pepper’s Marathon Recovery Tips
- Help Pepper Get Her Spice Back: The Post-Marathon Blues
- All About Ultrarunning: A Salty Primer
- Marathon as Training Run – A snippet from Clove’s Training Log
- The desire: I Finally Ran My First-Half Marathon…Now What?
- Have a Little Faith (In Coaching) – Pepper talks about trusting your plan
- Lucky #7: Pepper’s Ready for Boston – Pepper’s history with the big bad B.
Running for Busy Lives
Overcoming Body Issues
- Take it off! Love Your Body for What it Does: Clove’s Salty Challenge!
- Baring my Belly: Cinnamon takes a weight off her shoulders – and her butt
- Walk a Mile in My Sports Bra: Ginger is coming to terms with her midriff
- Second Base: A Runner’s Guide to Bouncing Boobs – Reign in your rack!
Running as Therapy
- Running to Cope – Dealing with Depression and Anxiety
- Got Depression? Running is Cheaper than Therapy
- Words I hate: “Only,” “But,” and “Slow” – We’re all runners here, no matter what!
- Smile Training – Come on, get happy!
- Affirmations for Runners: An Intro – Because Doggoneit…
- 5 Women Answer the Burning Question: What is Hardcore?