This week was kind of awesome.
(1) I checked off my 20th first day of school (and then proceeded to question ALL of my life choices up until this point).
(2) I managed to get in a couple of pool running & strength sessions.
(3) I only ran alone on two occasions. Which is a little odd for me, running is usually by alone time. I guess I was feeling particularly social this week?!
(4) I ran my first 70 mile week since coming back from injury.
All in all, a happy Pesto 🙂
Monday: (am) 60min easy run. I was expecting to feel sore from Saturday’s effort, since I felt so good in Sunday, but thankfully the delayed soreness never struck.
(pm) 45min pool run.
Tuesday: (am) Solo track workout. 2mi warm up, 4x1mile repeats (5:54, 5:53, 5:52, 5:46) with 400m jog/walk. 4x200s (37s) with 200 jog. 2mi cool down. Was pleasantly surprised with the consist pacing for the mile repeats. It’s been a long time since I did a workout like this!
(pm) 50mins of strength and stability. Here is what I did.
Wednesday: (am) 70mins at 7:40pace. I am being crazy and trying a totally new model/brand of trainer. It’s scary – but I think I like them!
(pm) 3mi recovery/social run.
Thursday: 60mins after work at Burke Lake with old college friend. Took today nice and easy + was on soft trails to make up for yesterday’s faster than recovery run.
Friday: (am) 65mins with new friend, Judy. Today was actually the first time we’d met in person – and she was awesome! I’m super excited for more runs together.
– Post run: 30mins of body weight strength.
(pm) 50min pool run.
Saturday: Workout. 5 mile warm up, 10x30sec hard effort with 90sec jog, 5 mile cool down. Today was the first time since April that I ran with my club, DCRR for their scheduled long run. It was so great to see everyone and catch up since I’ve been semi off the grid between the shin-nanigans and summer travel. Good running buddies are so incredible.
Sunday: (am) 12miles relaxed. 40min easy pool run.
(pm) 50mins strength and stability (repeated Tuesday)
Miles ran: 71
Pool sessions: 3
Strength and stability: 3