Marigold’s Training Log – 3.12.18-3.18.18

It was a pretty tough week. I definitely didn’t get enough mileage or general workouts in. Although, in my defense, that was only my fault once. See below.

Monday:ย Rest day. Because I had a busy day and didn’t get home until around 8:30PM. By then, I didn’t feel like doing much. So I convinced myself I would be able to fit in workouts the rest of the week, even though I KNEW I was traveling this weekend and it would be pretty much impossible to fit stuff in already. So there’s a lesson for you – don’t fool yourself into thinking you’ll be able to fit it all in at the end of the week. That’s usually when I feel less like fitting it in. ๐Ÿ˜›

Tuesday:ย 30 minutes of yoga.

Wednesday:ย Tempo run. Quarter of a mile warm-up and cool-down, plus 7 drills and a stride. Then I ran 5 minutes at a 10:35/mile pace, right into 5 minutes at a 9:50/mile pace. I did that three more times for a total of 40 minutes.

Thursday:ย 30 minute, at home strength workout. I realized about a minute in that it was the same one as last week. But I was too lazy to pick another one. So I just made sure to increase my weights this time if I could!

Friday:ย Since I was traveling this weekend and had full days, I made sure to fit my long run in before I left town. 8 mile long run at an average pace of 10:17/mile. Splits: 9:48, 10:25, 10:23, 9:44, 10:11, 10:22, 10:32, and 10:52.

Saturday:ย I took an RRCA running coach class! This meant I was in class from 8AM to 5PM on both Saturday and Sunday. I decided to do nothing on Saturday since I would have to get to class early and it was about 30 minutes away from where we were staying. Then after class I spent some time with friends in the city.

Sunday:ย I planned to get my easy run for the week in early before my class on Sunday. I even set my alarm for 5:45 so that I could meet everyone who was running before class at 6:15. And then…I kept throwing up every three hours in the night. Because I had food poisoning. Needless to say, around the second time I had to get out of bed and run to the bathroom, I decided to turn off that early alarm and sleep in as long as I could. Thankfully, I felt much better by the time class started at 8AM.

I'm an Alabama girl currently living in Kentucky. I'm a middle of the pack runner, although I've finally decided to try to get a little faster. As a Catholic woman, my faith informs most of my life, so I'll be writing about faith and running, with some dashes of mental health and female body topics thrown in.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

1 comment

  1. That’s great you took the coaching class, how did you like it? I have heard pretty good things about the RRCA classes. Bummer about the food poisoning though, I hope you’re feeling better!