If you’ve been in a runner store recently you probably noticed the big trend in running shoe styles is super bright colors. My newest trainers, for instance, are a solid florescent orange. It’s a little weird slogging along at recovery pace in florescent shoes, because nothing says fast like flash. (Or should I say nothing says look how huge my feet are like florescent shoes. Ok, that’s probably just me.)
Because bold colors symbolize confidence and strength, no type of shoe wears flashy better than racing flats.
So, whether foot flash helps you run faster, flatters your feet or is just something you love this season’s bold and bright flat offerings will not disappoint!
With all running shoes I recommend you head to your local running retailer to be properly fitted. No matter how adorable a pair is, they need to fit you right or they won’t be worth much as a running shoe. That being said, here are links to online retailers for more information on each model and to buy if you’re confident you know what size and style is right for you.
1. Saucony Grid Type A5 in Blue/Citron/Light Pink is a women’s shoe and is available here.
2. Brooks T7 Racer in Color 371 is a unisex shoe and is available here.
3. Nike LunaRacer+ in Pink/Blue is a women’s shoe and is available here.
4. Saucony Grid Fastwitch 5 in Purple/Citron is a women’s shoe and is available here.
5. Newton Distancia is a women’s shoe and is available here.
6. Mizuno Wave Musha 4 in Lime Punch/Prism Violet/Chinese Red is a women’s shoe and is available here.
7. New Balance WR 1400 in Neon Yellow/Navy is a women’s shoe and is available here.
8. Asics Gel Noosa Tri 7 in Neon Pink/Coral/Noosa Glow is a women’s running shoes made specifically for triathletes and is available here. The shoe actually glows in the dark!
Happy flashy racing!