To some, it’s a day to express your love; others see it as a day celebrating nothing more than commercialism at its finest. Let’s face it, whether you love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is pretty unavoidable. In fact, the Valentine’s stuff hit store shelves practically the day after Christmas!
If you and your significant other runner celebrate Valentine’s Day, you won’t have to run all around town searching for the perfect gift, because we’ve got the Valentine’s gift guide for runners right here!
1. Instead of fancy lotion or perfume, give Bodyglide. This one should be obvious, but we’ll spell it out for you anyways. When your running lovah doesn’t chafe, you both win!
2. Instead of going to a movie, head to the salon for a pedicure date. Show your favorite runner’s feet a little love and get yours worked on, too. Boy runner toes get pretty funky too. We promise, plenty of guys get them… you might be surprised by how great your tootsies feel afterwards. So get a little “mansome” and soak those feet! Bonus: you can actually talk without your neighbors shushing you. Double bonus: some salons pamper you with adult beverages.
3. Instead of a spa gift certificate, give your sweetie the gift of injury prevention – in the form of a sports massage. As Cilantro previously told us, deep tissue massages (the kind typically found at spas) and sports massages are completely different; sports massages can target specific areas. You could even make it a date – he gets his tight area worked out and you get yours (and you can both work on the rest of your parts later ;)
4. Instead of breakfast in bed, give him a little prerace nookie. As Pepper explained, we race better when we race in the afterglow and as a bonus, she thinks the effects are even greater for us ladies! This is one of those times I doubt your partner will resent you giving a gift you want for yourself. And if you really want to do breakfast in bed, bring it before the post-race nap and add some strawberries to Rosemary’s protein pancakes to make them more festive… and maybe some dark chocolate. Which brings us to our last point…
5. Instead of chocolate… just kidding. Obviously give them chocolate! Cacao – found in chocolate – is even a running superfood … in more ways then one (*wink* aphrodisiac *wink*) And hello … it’s chocolate!
What do you think would make a great – or not-so-great – Valentine’s Day gift? What do you plan to give the runner in your life?