Salty merch is finally here! Today is the grand opening of the Salty Running Store, where you can get super cool “Get Chicked” tech tee and help support your favorite independent collaborative women’s running blog!
We’re so proud of this little community you’ve helped us build over the last two+ years, and every time we hit an expo we think about how cool it would be to show off that we’re proud Salty Runners. We talked a lot about how we could do that, but it always came down to one obvious choice: we needed a tech tee. We’re always quick to acknowledge that we couldn’t have this community without you, our readers, and so we want you to have one too!
Cinnamon’s been toiling behind the scenes working with screen printers and shirt vendors trying to make this happen for a long time. She’s not only a great writer, web mistress and sister, she’s a great shirt creator too! Anyway, she’s been working on this bad girl for a while and we’re so excited to finally roll it out! So in honor of this monumental occasion, we bring you the 5 reasons you need a Salty Running Get Chicked Tech Shirt now!
1. It’s functional. It’s a Champion brand wicking tech shirt. Wear it to your next race! Wear it on a training run! Wear it to the grocery store, your next family function, wear it out dancing – and stay dry!
2. It’s cute! This hot little forest green number is a fitted, v-neck women’s tech tee–no “unisex” (read: men’s) sizes here! Based on our market research (what the bloggers have said about the fit), the shirt is true to size in the width department, but runs a little on the short side. You can size up if a slightly shorter shirt bothers you, or go true to size if it doesn’t.
3. Every one will know you have the best taste in running blogs. Everyone who’s eating your dust, anyway. This shirt features the Salty Running snail on the back, along with the URL so people stop wondering what’s with the snail on your running shirt. It might confuse them, since you’re so speedy.
4. Each purchase supports site operations. We’ve been there for you over the last two and a quarter years, and it’s cost us a little money. We haven’t asked for anything yet, but as the site grows we want to ensure we can continue to deliver a quality product to you, and hopefully start to develop some improvements as well!
In fact, if you love Salty Running and want to support us beyond buying a shirt, you can make a donation in addition to (or in lieu of) a shirt purchase. You’re here reading this, so you know that Salty Running is one of the best independent sites dedicated exclusively to women’s running. Even so, it’s a labor of love, and the costs are mounting up. We don’t make enough from ad revenue to cover our yearly operating costs and all of our bloggers are unpaid volunteers. That’s right, every blogger writes for Salty Running because she loves running, writing and sharing her joy and passion with you! Someday, we’d love to be big enough that we could compensate our bloggers. Someday.
But it has to be on our terms. We could make more if making money was our motivation, of course, but it’s not. We don’t beg shoe or apparel manufacturers for free stuff. We turn down offers to do sponsored posts and don’t alter our content to pander to advertisers in any way. Our mission is to share our joy for running, our unique experiences and of course, to provide you solid unbiased advice based on that experience. If we say we like a product, it’s because we actually like it, not because someone gave us stuff or paid us to say we do. We believe covertly shilling other people’s products would compromise the integrity of this site and we aren’t going to do it. The ads on our site are there because Google algorithms believe our readers would be interested in those ads and for no other reason. If that ever changes, we will let you know!
So for now, we’re selling some awesome shirts.
We started this site because we believed the world of running websites needed to get chicked, and we want you to raise your voice with us! Which leads us to…
5. We want to see you wearing one! Tweet your photo to @saltyrunning and we’ll add your picture of you in your shirt to our wall of fame!
Latest posts by Salty (see all)
- 🏁The Amazing Salty Running Contributor Race!🏁 - May 23, 2016
- Readers Roundtable: Are Steph Bruce’s Abs Overshadowing Her “A” Standard? - May 23, 2016
- Salty’s Training Log – 5.22.16 - May 22, 2016