I know, I know, I’ve been a bit too quiet on the training log front. My last log was posted on September 15 – almost 2 months ago.
What’s the deal, you ask?
Well, the truth is that my training got completely derailed this season. While I registered for (and ran) a half marathon this Fall, my training fell short. I was able to build up to 40-50 miles a week, but once I added in speed work and long runs, I was hurting. Literally. All.the.time. I was sore, I was tired and my whole body felt out of alignment. So I finally sucked it up and went to the doctor. As I knew, there was nothing seriously wrong (that they could do anything about), but it was taking a long time to recover from my mountain bike crash in June (yes, almost FIVE months ago). My doc ordered PT and recommended I try a chiro and/or massage if I could get a recommendation for a good one. She also told me to keep running, but to keep it easy and lower mileage. Ugh.
So I cut WAY back on my running and essentially abandoned my training schedule. I’m not thrilled about it, but frankly I have been slammed with everything else in my life, so it was a good time to have to take a sabbatical from my training.
The highlights since I’ve been gone:
- I ran my half even though I didn’t train for it and lived to write about it. I even got to do it with my sister!
- I got to watch my son rock his middle school cross country season.
- My Girls on the Run had another awesome, successful season.
- I had someone tell me she was writing an essay about me because she had a project where she had to write about the person who made the biggest impact in her life (wow!).
- I went to San Diego.
- I had a lot of great things going on with work (but won’t bore you with those details on this running blog). :)
Here is my mileage:
9.22 – 21.1 miles
9.29 – 49.4 miles
10.6 – 33 miles
10.13 – 13.7 miles with a very slow 5k
10.20 – 7.1 miles
10.27 – 16.8 miles
11.3 – 20.2 miles with a fun half marathon (1:50)
11.10 – roughly 10 miles (I haven’t tracked them, but have run a little, including the GOTR 5k today).